NAMI South Dakota was founded in 1987. It is a non-profit organization dedicated to carrying out the mission to improve the lives of persons affected by mental illness.
The Mission of NAMI South Dakota is: To provide education and support for individuals and families impacted by brain-based disorders (mental illnesses), advocate for the development of a comprehensive system of services and lessen the stigma in the general public.
Affiliates are located throughout the state in Aberdeen, Brookings, Huron, Pierre, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Sturgis, Watertown,Yankton, and there is a statewide Consumer Council .
Affiliate leader contact information can be found through the link at the bottom of this page.
Now accepting registrations for the LEAP - 1 training to be held Monday May 13, 2013 in Sioux Falls.
Contact the NAMI South Dakota office to register. Or you may pay using PayPal which serves as your registration.
Activities of NAMI South Dakota:
* publish a quarterly newsletter to keep people informed about issues in care, treatment and legislation
affecting people with mental illness.
* monthly local affiliate support group meetings
* toll-free telephone number for information and referral regarding mental health services
* annual educational conference ---- * Family to Family Education program
* In Our Own Voice presentations
- * Connection weekly support groups for adults living with mental illness
Plan for next year:
Join us on Saturday May 18, 2013 for the 10th Annual Walk - Changing Minds One Step at a Time to be held in Sioux Falls.
Put on those walking shoes and support your family and friends whose lives are affected by mental illness.
If you find this information useful, won't you please consider supporting NAMI South Dakota? Your contribution will help us to continue helping thousands of South Dakotan's living with mental illness.Please make a tax-deductible donation to NAMI South Dakota right now