Who We Are:
NAMI Gulf Coast does not provide medical services, but we do offer support, education, and shared information at our monthly meetings and through the national headquarters of NAMI, and the state organization, NAMI-Texas. If a member of your family or a friend is mentally ill, we urge you to join NAMI Gulf Coast.
What We Provide:
- ASSURANCE that we are not alone and are not to blame.
- SELF-HELP by sharing common problems, mutual encouragement, and practical advice.
- INFORMATION about existing mental health care, sources of help in crisis, community services, and available financial aid.
- KNOWLEDGE about causes, symptoms, and treatment of mental illness and ways that families can overcome despair and isolation to restore meaning and dignity to our lives.
- EDUCATION to overcome stigmas associated with mental illness and to secure a place in society for people with this illness.
- ADVOCACY on local, state, and national level to work for legislation and funding to ensure quality in-patient and out-patient care for people with mental illness.
NAMI Gulf Coast is collecting inkjets and cell phones for a fundraiser! We earn $$$ for empty inkjet cartridges and used cell phones. Just drop off ink cartridges and old cell phones at 2206 N. Gordon in Alvin 77511 (call before dropping 281-585-3100 or 409-944-4328). Every contribution makes a difference!