The Mission of NAMI Greater Bloomington Area is to improve the total quality of life for the families of persons with severe mental illness and their ill family members through support, education, advocacy, research, and improved community services.
NAMI Greater Bloomington Area will accomplish its mission through the following:
- To provide opportunities for learning
- To provide opportunities for restoring self-esteem
- To provide opportunities for giving of ourselves
- To provide outreach and support to families in crisis
- To provide opportunities for educating the public and educating families
- To provide opportunities to participate in research
- To advocate for better public policy
- To advocate for improved community services
- To solicit and receive funds in support of our mission
The purpose of NAMI Greater Bloomington Area is:
- To provide emotional support, education and advocacy for persons with mental illness, their families and friends.
- To promote better quality of care, rights and interests of citizens with mental illness, particularly of those who cannot speak for themselves.
- To advocate policies at the local, state, and national levels to accomplish these objectives.