Welcome to NAMI Northern Virginia
Education, Support, Advocacy
for individuals and families affected by mental illness
“The one advice that they have all given me is to contact NAMI”
YOU--our members, generous donors, sponsors, and dedicated
volunteers—make the vital work we do possible!
A strong membership sends a loud and clear message: we are here and we matter!
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in supporting individuals living with mental illness.
Regular $35 Open Door $3 (open to anyone)
You can join or renew in any of three (3) ways:
- Join or renew online through NAMI Northern Virginia (click to join)
- Download a membership application
Fill out the downloaded form and mail with payment to:
P.O. Box 8693
Reston, VA 20195
3. Join or renew through NAMI-National Please select Northern Virginia as your affiliate!
No matter where or how you join NAMI, you will become a member at all three levels of NAMI, entitling you to the membership benefits offered through:
1. Your Local affiliate - NAMI-Northern Virginia
2. Your State affiiliate - NAMI-Virginia
3. National - NAMI-National
Benefits of Membership:
- Membership in NAMI-Northern Virginia, NAMI Virginia, and NAMI National
- Eligibility to vote in all NAMI elections
- A subscription to The Advocate , NAMI’s quarterly magazine, as well as access to optional subscriptions to specialty newsletters and information at the national, state, and NAMI Northern Virginia levels.
- Important announcements and invitations to Special Events.
- Member discounts on brochures, videos, promotional items
- Registration discounts at NAMI’s annual convention and state and local conferences
- Access to exclusive members-only material on www.nami.org
- Knowledge that you’re helping the nation’s largest grass roots mental health organization provide support, education, and advocacy
- Members and their families eligible to join Apple Federal Credit Union
DONATIONS and SPONSORSHIP
It is through the generosity of donors and sponsors like you that NAMI-Northern Virginia is able to offer unique education and support programs, for free, to individuals and families when they need it most.
Please choose one of the following easy ways to support our work:
- Online using a credit card or Paypal (click 'donate' button to donate online)
- Donate by mailing a check to:
P.O. Box 8693
Reston, VA 20195
- Make a Donation In Memoriam / In Honor of:
Donate online or by mail (see options 1 and 2). Include a message “to Vendor” on the form indicating who you are remembering or honoring. If you’d like an acknowledgement sent to an individual or their family, please indicate and include their contact information. You may also email this information to NAMINorthernVA@gmail.com.
- Workplace Giving
Designation: 9841 CFC 30076
Please email NAMINorthernVA@gmail.com or call 703.624.1044 and a board member will contact you about sponsorship opportunities.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our biggest awareness event of the year, held locally each fall. Become a sponsor, make a donation, join us on the walk, become a team captain, and/or volunteer!
- Wish List
Our Program Director and many hard-working volunteers do an exceptional job of bringing NAMI’s popular education and support programs to Northern Virginia. You can support their efforts by visiting our Wish List and donating much-needed items. Cash donations also gratefully accepted.
Needed items include stamps, copy paper, a CD player, snacks, a beach ball, and other items used directly or in support of our programs.
YOU are an important part of NAMI-NoVA and we thank you for your support!
Join NAMI Application (PDF File)