Family to Family: This course provides insights into, and resolution of, the profound concerns experienced by families, close relatives, and any caregivers as they strive to cope with the realities of serious mental illness. These caregivers not only learn a wide range of information about serious mental illness, they also learn to understand how living with these conditions affects their loved one.
Each Family to Family course is:
- Meets weekly for 12 weeks
- Taught by trained NAMI family members who have relatives with mental illness
- Follows a structured format covering issues frequently faced by families dealing with mental illness
Knowledge and skills gained through Family to Family:
- Gain insight into how mental illness affects your relative
- Take an eye-opening look inside some of today's current brain research related to mental illness
- Learn how families can become advocates for better treatment for their relatives
- Learn about medication issues involved in mental illness and the latest treatment options
More classes are forming, so call now to reserve a slot. The classes will fill quickly! Contact NAMI St. Louis at 314.962.4670 or email@example.com.
Online Registration Now Available. See below under related files.
Here is the latest information about the upcoming classes in 2014:
- Clayton Behavioral, 9890 Clayton Rd, Ste. 142, St. Louis, MO 63124 starting Thursday, January 9, 2014 from 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Kirkwood United Methodist Church, 201 West Adams, Kirkwood, MO 63122 starting Wednesday, January 15, 2014 from 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Rockwood Bank, 1037 Majestic Ave, Fenton, MO 63026 starting Thursday, January 16, 2014 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Greater Grace Church, 3690 Pershall, St. Louis, MO 63135 starting Monday, January 27, 2014 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Zion United Church of Christ, 15 S Washtington, Union, MO 63084 starting Monday, February 10, 2014 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- St. Joan of Arc, 5800 Oleatha Ave (off Hampton & Penrod), St. Louis, MO 63139 starting Saturday, March 1, 2014 from 10:00a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Meetings held in the Naeger Room. Enter in the REAR door of the rectory. Room is not accessible.
Family-to-Family Registration Form (PDF File)