NAMI Bucks Forums
NAMI Bucks holds a forum on the third Thursday of the following months: September, November, February, April and June. Each forum will feature a speaker on various topics that are of interest to our members. These forums are free of charge and do not require registration and are open to the general public as well as our members. You do not have to be a member of NAMI of Bucks County to attend. The forums begin at 7:30 P.M. and generally runs until 9:00 P.M. The forums are held at the old Warminster Hospital now called Abington Memorial Health Center, Warminster Campus at 225 Newtown Rd., Warminster, PA 18974. For more information please call 1-866-399-6264.
Please join us for our June 19, 2014 Forum.
Please join us for our June 19, 2014 forum “Path to Independence: Understanding the “Why” Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 7:30 P.M. Michele Leahy, MS, Founder and CEO of M. Leahy & Associates will present an overview and delve into specifics regarding key issues for adults with mental illness and options for disability life planning.
• Is my adult child eligible for SSI/SSDI?
• What is the difference between SSI and SSDI?
• Can my adult child work and still receive benefits such as Medical Assistance and federal cash benefits?
• What is a Special Needs Trust and why should I consider one?
• How can I blend state and federal government programs while preparing for his/her future?
• What is person centered planning and why is it important?
• What’s the difference between Power of Attorney and Guardianship?
• What are future housing options?
Please join us for this informative session that will answer questions and provide information in a straightforward and open atmosphere.