Our membership consists of family members, friends, professionals, and individuals recovering from a mental illness.
Using PayPal (it takes a few seconds after you click for the PayPal site to appear):
Benefits of Membership
- Advocacy at local, state and national levels calls attention to needed treatment, housing, employment training and health care.
- Referrals provide families with needed information on treatment options and community services.
- Books, videos and tapes are available as resources through NAMI.
- Informative newsletters, "Stateline" and "Advocate" keep members up-to-date on a variety of issues at the state and national levels.
- Affiliate support groups enable families to share concerns and to learn about mental illnesses.
- Opportunities to work directly as volunteers on programs designed to aid persons with mental illness.
- An awareness and advocacy for pertinent legislation at all levels of government.
- Public education to reduce and eliminate discrimination and the stigma associated with mental illness.
- Support of research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
Local chapter newsletter packed with more detailed information published 4 times a year (every three months).