A WARM WELCOME FROM NAMI - PINELLAS COUNTY, FLORIDA
Nationally, one in every four families is affected by Mental Illness
Many of us have LOVED ONES and FAMILY MEMBERS who are struggling to deal with the symptoms and associated consequences of mental illness. As we try to cope, we may often feel confused, uninformed, misinformed, anxious and even fearful. If this sounds like you, then NAMI is a great place to start
At NAMI Pinellas you’ll find a group of people who can share in your struggles, provide encouragement, and help you locate needed resources. Locally we have about 200 members active in educational programs, support groups, and advocacy efforts.
Opportunities are available for volunteers to serve throughout the year.
We Welcome New Members, Donors, and Volunteers
So, Become a Member of NAMI Pinellas County Today
JOIN, or VOLUNTEER HERE (Click for Form)
DONATE HERE (Click for Form)
Reasons to become involved with NAMI Pinellas:
- Membership in NAMI Pinellas County includes membership to NAMI National and NAMI Florida, and provides timely access to information via newsletters and websites from all three levels of the organization.
- Monthly education meetings provide community experts speaking on a wide range of mental health issues.
- The NAMI Helpline, staffed with a dedicated team of volunteers, provides callers with guidance and assistance.
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training provides a 40-hour course to local law enforcement officers to help those dealing with psychiatric emergencies.
- Family-to-Family is a free, 12-week class for family members offering up-to-date information about illnesses of the brain, treatment options, coping skills for caregivers, and advocacy.
- Weekly and monthly support groups are offered free of charge for families and consumers.
- Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-week course for consumers that provides individualized relapse prevention planning, support, and education about mental illness.
Please consider becoming a member today!
“Joan Trahman Memorial Fund.”
Memorial Fund Named in Honor of Joan Trahman
The “Joan Trahman Memorial Fund” was established by the NAMI Board of Directors to honor the memory and work of Joan Trahman, a dedicated volunteer who always supported NAMI Pinellas County events with time, money, attendance, boundless energy and a never-ending commitment to the consumers and families we serve. “Joanie stories” are a staple at NAMI events.
Each time you donate in honor or memory of someone you love, your donation will be added to this fund, for use by NAMI’s education and support programs to assist local consumers and families.
When you send NAMI a memorial gift, please be sure to tell us in whose memory you are donating as well as the name and address of the person who should receive an acknowledgment of your gift.
Membership Brochure (PDF) (PDF File)
Donate (PDF File)