The Livingston/McLean Counties NAMI Support Groups:
Next NAMI Family Support meeting is Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm at Morningstar United Methodist Church, 3714 Fort Jesse Road, Normal, IL 61761.
Next NAMI Connection Recovery Support meeting is Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm at Morningstar United Methodist Church, 3714 Fort Jesse Road, Normal, IL 61761.
For more information call 309-287-9913.
Our principles of Support for people diagnosed with a mental illness and
their adult family/friends:
1. We see the individual first, not the illness.
2. We recognize that mental illnesses are brain disorders.
3. We aim for better coping skills
4. We find strength in sharing experiences.
5. We reject stigma in ourselves and others.
6. We won't judge anyone's pain as less than our own.
7. We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
8. We embrace humor as healthy.
9. We accept that we cannot resolve all problems.
10. We expect a better future in a realistic way.
11. We will never give up hope.
NAMI DeWitt County:
NAMI DeWitt Family Support Group meetings are held from 6:00-7:30 pm on the fourth Thursday of each month at the Human Resource Center (HRC), 1150 Illinois 54, Clinton, IL 61727
Meetings in the Pontiac area:
Meetings are held the 1st Thursday of each month at First United Methodist Church,
219 N Chicago Street, Pontiac, IL at 7 p.m. Contact: John or Bonnie 815-842-1514 or Laura at 815-844-7392
Bloomington-Normal Depression and Bi-Polar Support Group Meetings:
Meetings are held every first and third Tuesday at First Methodist Church located at 211 School Street (back door) in Normal, Illinois. Park in lot north of church. Use the back door on the west side. Front door is locked. For info call 309-829-3899.