- Familly Support Groups - Families of those with a mental illness are encouraged to attend NAMI Support Groups which meet in Frederick. There is Family and Caregiver Support Group meetings on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Wednesday of each month. The Calendar has the dates, times, and locations.
* For more information on the Family and Caregiver Support Group meetings contact Curt Kohlheyer at email@example.com.
The Connection Recovery Support Group is a recovery support group program for adults living with mental illness that is expanding in communities throughout the country. These groups provides a place that offers respect, understanding, encouragement and hope. The Calendar has the dates, times, and locations.
*For more information on the Connection Recovery Support Group meetings please contact Curt Kohlheyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helpline - Calls to our helpline (240-379-6186) are covered by trained volunteers who offer their assistance seven days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- E-mail - Support is available through Remo Molino at the following email address: email@example.com
- Hospital - NAMI volunteers visit the Psychiatric Unit at Frederick Memorial Hospital to share resources with the patients and their families.
* For more information on hospital volunteering please contact Jill Browning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
211 - Dial this number to get ANY social service available in Maryland. It’s a one-stop call for all programs, emergency services, benefits, etc, including Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability Insurance and a mobile crisis team.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline - Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They are open 24/7.