Education and Support Program Trainings
Family-to-Family Teacher Training
October 10-12, 2014
Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
Education Center Building
19300 SW 65th Ave., Tualatin, OR, 97062
Applications due by Friday September 26
Download the Family-to-Family teacher training Application and Schedule
Basics Teacher Training
November 14-16, 2014
Days Inn Portland South
9717 SE Sunnyside Road
Clackamas, OR 97015
Applications due by Friday October 31
Download the Basics teacher training Application and Schedule
General Information about NAMI Oregon Trainings
- These trainings prepare volunteers to lead NAMI programs. In most cases, only those who have already been involved with a program as a participant will be considered eligible to become a program leader. If you are interested in getting involved in one of our programs for the first time, contact your local NAMI affiliate.
- Most trainings are held in the Portland metro area. The Parents and Teachers as Allies presenter trainings last one day (Saturday), the In Our Own Voice presenter training and both the Connection and Family Support Group facilitator trainings last two days (Saturday and Sunday), and the Family-to-Family, Peer-to-Peer, and Basics teacher trainings last three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).
- For trainees travelling from outside the Portland metro area, NAMI Oregon will arrange and pay for double-occupancy lodging near the training site for trainees willing to share a room. Trainees requiring private rooms will need to arrange and pay for their own lodging. If you accept lodging from NAMI Oregon and then decide not to attend the training for any reason, you must contact NAMI Oregon IMMEDIATELY to let us know you will not be attending.
- It is the trainee's responsibility to arrive on time at the training site each day; NAMI Oregon does not provide transportation. A mileage reimbursement ($.25 per mile) is available for trainees driving from outside the Portland metro area. The reimbursement will be sent to drivers after they have completed the training--no travel funds will be paid in advance.
- Some meals, snacks, and beverages are provided throughout the training. Consult the training schedule to see which meals are provided for a particular training. We can usually provide vegetarian meals. Trainees with other dietary restrictions should plan to supplement the food provided by bringing items from home.
For more information, contact:
Peter Link, Education Programs Manager
4701 SE 24th Ave., Suite E
Portland, OR 97202
503-230-8009 and 1-800-343-6264