Nothing is more important to our success than dedicated volunteers. Volunteers with the lived experience of mental illnessare needed to lead support groups and classes-both for individuals with a diagnosis and for those who are caregivers.
Volunteer opportunities for caregivers include:
- Family-to-Family Course Teachers
- NAMI Basics Course Teachers
- Respite Providers for NAMI Basics courses and support groups
- Family Support Group Facilitators
- NAMI Basics Support Group Facilitators
Volunteer opportunities for individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness include:
- NAMI Connection Support Group Facilitators
- In Our Own Voice Presenters
Volunteer opportunities for anyone include:
- HELPLine Phone Associate
- Special Events: Walk each May and Gala/Auction each November
- Board Members
For details on these positions and to schedule an orientation, contact Sharon Lyons at 314-962-4670 or email: Sharon@namistl.org. She will discuss a good fit for a volunteer task and help schedule training needed for the task.