We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at NAMI GC, many of which take place at our office during our business hours of Monday-Friday, 9-5. We also have some community based volunteer opportunities. We would love to meet you and hear more about your experience. Please complete the following forms and I will be in touch with you.
Current volunteer opportunities may include:
Helpline/Receptionist: Field phone calls from family members, consumers,
and the general public. Provide support and resources as needed.
Board of Directors: Serve on NAMIGC’s Board of Directors. May serve on adjunct committees as needed.
Clerical/Computer/Data Entry: Assist with mailings, stuffing envelopes, filing,
making copies. Assist with data entry in various programs. May help create
or revise flyers/agency documents and or maintain social media sites.
Help staff compile information for programs.
Speakers Bureau: Present information about mental illness to the community.
Share your story andwhat it’s like to cope with and/or care for a person with
serious mental illness.
Health/Community Fair: Staff NAMI information table at community events; event based and periodic.
I am looking forward to meeting you. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Jane Arnoff Logsdon
NAMI GC Volunteer Coordinator
Event Planning Intern
The Event Planning Intern will provide day-to-day logistics and support in helping
to plan and implement NAMIWalks 2014, NAMI GC’s annual fundraiser. The Event planning
Intern will work under the direction of the Development and Special Events Coordinator
and in coordination with staff and key volunteers.
NAMI GC is a 501c3 organization founded in 1983. Or mission is to promote recover
and improvethe quality of life of Cuyahoga County residents with serious mental illness
through support, education and advocacy.
NAMIWalks 2014 is a family and community event to raise awareness, educate people
about mental illness and celebrate hopes and wellness. It is also the largest fundraising
event for NAMI GC. Money raised funds our education and support programs.
The Walk will be held Saturday, September 20, 2014 at Voinovich Park.
• Recruit walkers to join walk teams through email communication, social media and other
• Communicate with walk teams and team captains through email, social media and other
• Promote the Walk using email communication, NAMI GC’s Facebook page, and Twitter
• Develop and update event materials.
• Research and reserve equipment needed for Walk Day.
• Respond to Walk inquiries from our members, affiliates, and the public general using
email communication and other means.
• Assist with general aspects of organizing a large event including but not limited to copying
materials for Walk packets; sending out Walk packets in the mail; and various administrative tasks.
• Provide overall logistical and outreach support for the 2014 NAMI Walk.
• Research and solicit businesses for donations through phone calls, letters, and in-person meetings.
Start date: May 1, 2014
Desired skills and experience:
• Commitment to mission and goals of NAMI GC.
• Event-planning experience or strong desire to gain skill in this area.
• Great communication skills.
• Creativity in developing out reach efforts.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Experience with Constant Contact, Facebook and Twitter.
• Outgoing personality, comfortable meeting new people and ability to interact well with diverse
groups of people, particularly people with disabilities and special needs.
• May 1 – September 31, 2014
• Time commitment of at least 10-15 hours per week which would be completed primarily
Monday – Friday.
• Availability on Saturday, September 20. 2014 is a must.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain event planning skills and gain exposure to a grassroots organization.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jane Arnoff Logsdon, Volunteer Coordinator
The internship is located in the NAMI GC offices located at
2012 West 25th Street, #600, Cleveland, OH 44113.
We are across from the West Side Market and many
other restaurants and places of interests in a vibrant neighborhood.
Volunteer Application Form (Word Document)