DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) Isothermal
P.O. Box 1923 * 475 West Main Street
Forest City, NC 28043
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS: SATURDAYS AT 2:00 p.m.
W e l l n e s s R e c o v e r y A c t i o n P l a n n i n g
WRAP® is an evidence-based model created by Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD. It is a self designed plan for staying well, increasing personal responsibility and taking control of one’s own life. WRAP® is designed to decrease and prevent intrusive or troubling feelings and behaviors, increase personal empowerment, improve quality of life, and assist people in achieving their own life goals and dreams. The model is constructed around the concepts of:
• Development of a Daily Maintenance Plan that assists users in promoting their own wellness.
• Identification of Personal Triggers, events that might make one feel worse.
• Identification of Early Warning Signs, subtle signs that indicate one is beginning to feel worse.
• Identification of When Things are Breaking Down, unmistakable signs that one feels worse.
• Development of a Crisis Plan, proactive advanced planning that keeps one in control even when it seems like things are out of control.
• Development of a Post-Crisis Plan in expectancy of a recovery from a crisis
DATES: To be announced TIME:
LOCATION: Holland House Drop-In Center 475 West Main Street Forest City, North Carolina 28043
FACILITATOR: Rosemary Weaver