Parents—Are You Struggling to Deal with Stress?
Do You Want to Ensure Your Family Can Survive a Crisis?
Learn How to Plan for a Family Crisis at this FREE workshop.
Wellness Recovery Action Planning For Families
WRAP sessions can help you learn how to effectively deal with the stress that life throws at you and your family. It’s a process that teaches you how to make a plan based on the needs of your family to help make family life better for everyone. WRAP is an evidence-based model created by Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD. It is designed to help each family member contribute to plans that the family will use to improve day to day interactions, meet daily challenges, promote mutual cooperation, and in the event of a crisis for a family member or for the entire family.
Presented by: Rosemary Weaver, Certified WRAP Trainer
Week 1 - Tuesday, October 22, 2013 Holland House
Week 2 - Tuesday, October 29, 2013 475 West Main Street
Week 3 - Tuesday, November 5, 2013 Forest City, NC 28043
Week 4 - Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Week 5 - Tuesday, November 19, 2013 TIME: 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Week 6 - Tuesday, November 26, 2013
YOU MUST ATTEND ALL 6 SESSIONS TO GET THE FULL BENEFIT OF THIS PROGRAM.
• Empowerment & Responsibility • Preventing & Avoiding Suicide
• The Importance of Education • Taking Responsibility for Wellness
• Developing a Wellness Recovery Action Plan • Stress Reduction & Relaxation Methods
• Taking Preventative Action Early • Building Self-Esteem & Self-Confidence
• Diet, Light & Exercise • Developing & Keeping Support Systems
• Changing Negative Thoughts to Positive Ones • Peer Counseling
TO REGISTER PLEASE CONTACT: United Way
Ms. Weaver has presented WRAP for the Mountain Area Health Education Center in Asheville, the National Alliance on Mental Illness in Rutherford County, Cardinal Innovations in Concord, and through the United Way of Rutherford County. She was trained by the Copeland Center in 2009 and has taken the required biannual refresher course.
If you have children age 12 and older, they are welcome to participate with you. There will also be unsupervised activities in another room. No child care is offered for children who are not of school age. Please let us know how many of your family members will attend.
DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) Isothermal
P.O. Box 1923 * 475 West Main Street
Forest City, NC 28043
SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS: SATURDAYS AT 2:00 P.M.
W e l l n e s s R e c o v e r y A c t i o n P l a n n i n g
WRAP® is an evidence-based model created by Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD. It is a self designed plan for staying well, increasing personal responsibility and taking control of one’s own life. WRAP® is designed to decrease and prevent intrusive or troubling feelings and behaviors, increase personal empowerment, improve quality of life, and assist people in achieving their own life goals and dreams. The model is constructed around the concepts of:
• Development of a Daily Maintenance Plan that assists users in promoting their own wellness.
• Identification of Personal Triggers, events that might make one feel worse.
• Identification of Early Warning Signs, subtle signs that indicate one is beginning to feel worse.
• Identification of When Things are Breaking Down, unmistakable signs that one feels worse.
• Development of a Crisis Plan, proactive advanced planning that keeps one in control even when it seems like things are out of control.
• Development of a Post-Crisis Plan in expectancy of a recovery from a crisis
DATES: To be announced TIME:
LOCATION: Holland House Drop-In Center 475 West Main Street Forest City, North Carolina 28043
FACILITATOR: Rosemary Weaver