What the Faithful Can Do - Section 3
Care Packages: Small Supplies; Big Help
(None of these items are available through Link or Public Aid (medical insurance). They must be purchased with cash. Providing any one of them is a tremendous help.
- Toilet paper--#1 request; tissues, paper towels, cotton swabs
- Bathing supplies: face soap, bubble bath, nail brush, scrubbies, nail clippers,
- razors and shave cream
- Feminine and incontinence products
- Deodorant or antiperspirant, dusting powder
- Mild shampoo, conditioner, holding spray or foam
- Eyeglass repair kit, contact lens solutions
- Toothpaste, tooth brushes, mouth wash
- First Aid : bandaids, Neosporine, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol
- Foot aids: sole inserts, heel cushions, bunion pads
- Cough drops, sugarless gum or mints
- Cleaning supplies: sponges, antibacterial spray, floor wash, scrubbing pads-plastic and steel wool
- Laundry: detergent, bleach, fabric softener sheets
- Light bulbs, batteries (particularly AA and AAA), safety pins, needles and thread
- Rock salt for winter sidewalks
- A roll of quarters for bus fare, laundry, pay telephones, parking meters
- Save your old magazines such as National Geographic or Smithsonian, sports or car magazines - even people who can’t handle the text love photos.
- Stamps, writing supplies, greeting cards, ball point pens.