NAMI Fond du Lac/Friendship Corner
Click on the Calendar tab for the September Calendar for NAMI Fond du Lac and Friendship Corner. The The 3rd Annual “5K Run/Walk For Wellness” is September 13. Please register at horiconbank5k.com. All proceeds will benefit NAMI Fond du Lac.
- Tuesdays, September 2nd-November 18th. NAMI Family-to-Family is a free 12-week education program for families, close relatives, and friends of individuals with serious mental illness. Taught by trained NAMI family members, the course provides caregivers with vital information about specific mental illnesses and their treatments, communication and problem-solving techniques, coping mechanisms, and the self-skills needed to deal with their loved one’s mental illness as well as its impact on the family. Call 920-979-0512 to register.
- Saturday, September 6 – Fondue Fest. Fondue Fest is a free family festival celebrating community from 9 am to 5 pm. NAMI Fond du Lac will have an information table in between 2nd and 3rd street on Main Street.
- Saturday, September 13 – “5K Run/Walk For Wellness” All proceeds will benefit NAMI Fond du Lac. Participants can register as individuals, teams of four, or group of 20 or more. Chip timing is included for all participants.
- Thursday, September 18 – NAMI Family Support Group at 6:30 p.m. This gathering is offered monthly by NAMI affiliates, free of charge, in a confidential and safe setting at Friendship Corner and is run by volunteer facilitators who are also family members living with mental health challenges in their lives. Group discussion and interaction will be encouraged.
- Saturday & Sunday, September 20-21 – Pick ’n Save Brat Fry. Support NAMI Fond du Lac’s Friendship Corner by stopping to enjoy a brat or hamburger at the Pick ’n Save on Pioneer Street, roughly 10 am to 4 pm each day.
October 7, 2014 What’s New In Mental Health? Featuring: David Mays MD PHD at the Marian Univerity Stayer Center (click on flyer below)
Tony Sabel NAMI Coordinator
Friendship Corner Telephone Number 920-922-0566
NAMI Fond du Lac Telephone Number 920-979-0512
For More Information about NAMI Fond du Lac click on the buttons along the top or the left of the screen.
Fond du Lac County 24 Hour Crisis Intervention Line 920-929-3535
Last Updated: August 29, 2014
Marian Mental Health Flyer (PDF File)
Updated bylaws for review (Word Document)