NAMI PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
Welcome To Our Web Site
NAMI Prince George’s County is a not-for-profit, self-help organization searching for understanding of mental illness and workable techniques to cope with everyday problems. We are an advocacy group promoting and supporting effective services for people with mental illnesses. We offer: mutual support, understanding, advocacy, encouragement, information, and education.
Support Groups: We host seven Support Groups
- CLINTON SUPPORT GROUP, MARY HEATH 301-856-8221
- COLONY SOUTH HOTEL, 7401 SURRATTS ROAD, CLINTON, MD
- 6:30-8:30 PM, Second Tuesday of each Month
- This support group is a merger of the former Clinton group with family and consumers referred by the Southern Maryland Hospital Center (SMHC) psychiatric staff. We anticipate that the revised group will build on the dynamics between seasoned family caregivers and those family caregivers and/or consumers new to the process.
- NEW CARROLLTON AREA SUPPORT GROUP, DOMINIQUE THOMAS 301-385-1699
- HANKO BUILDING AT BECKETT FIELD, 8511 LEGATION ROAD, NEW CARROLLTON, MD
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 NOON, Third Monday of each Month
- This is a supportive work group that accomplishes organizational tasks while discussing common experiencies and developing coping strategies from each other's challenges and solutions.
- OXON HILL/FORT WASHINGTON AREA SUPORT GROUP, JAMES E. JONES, SR. 301-894-3042
- 6178 OXON HILL ROAD, SUITE 201, OXON HILL, MD 20745
- 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Third Wednesday of each Month
- This NEW support group is designed to be of service to the Southern Area community of care-givers.
- HYATTSVILLE AREA SUPPORT GROUP, THELMA MARTIN 301-275-3330
- HYATTSVILLE BRANCH LIBRARY(Hyattsville Conference Room), 6530 ADELPHI ROAD, HYATTSVILLE, MD 20743
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Fourth Monday of each Month
- LAUREL AREA SUPPORT GROUP, STEVEN GRAY 410-772-9300
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Music Room, 7607 Old Sandy Spring Road, Laurel, MD 20707
- 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Second Monday of each Month
- BOWIE/MITCHELLVILLE/UPPER MARLBORO AREA SUPPORT GROUP, Collette Harris, 301-467-1513 and Michelle Long, 202-731-0891
- SOUTH BOWIE LIBRARY, 15301 Hall Road, Bowie, MD 20721
- 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, First Tuesday of each month
- This NEW support group is designed to be of service to the Bowie community of care-givers.
CLINTON AREA 'HOPE' SUPPORT GROUP, RUTH McMENAMIN 301-868-6180
- Saint John's Parish Education Center, 8912 Old Branch Avenue, Clinton, MD 20735
- FOR PERSONS SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSIVE ILLNESSES
Educational Meetings: We have monthly Workshops
- Current Topical Subject
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Third Thursday of each Month
- New Carrolton Municipal Center, 6016 Princess Garden Parkway, New Carrollton, MD 20784
Board Meetings: Board meetings are open to all members.
- Scheduled from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, the Second Thursday of each month
- Contact Office, 301-429-0970
- Hanko Building at Beckett Field, 8511 Legation Road, New Carrollton, MD 20784
- E-mail us for any additional information and/or any suggestions on improving this site.
Thanks for visiting Our Web site. Please visit again!