Policy and Advocacy
NAMI is advocating for the passage of the following federal legistation:
- The Mental Health in Schools Act (HR 628/S. 195)
- This bill would increase federal funding for mental health services in schools, providing more youth with the opportunity to receive support.
- The Keeping All Students Safe Act (HR1893)
- This bill would limit the use of physical restraint and seclusion in schools, which disproportionately affect students with disabilities.
- Please click here to contact your Congressional members and urge them to take action.
For more information about advocacy at the state level, please visit NAMI's State Advocacy Center.