|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; email@example.com
News and Announcements
- On October 6 The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center announced its launch of the National Reentry Resource Center, an initiative to advance the safe and successful return of individuals from prisons and jails to their communities. Authorized by the Second Chance Act of 2007, the resource center’s goal is to “provide communities across the country with the best thinking on complex reentry issues, comprehensive resources and myriad forms of support that can help reduce recidivism and strengthen neighborhoods and families”. It will provide training and technical assistance to Second Chance Act grant recipients and provide a single point of contact for the many individuals and organizations that are committed to reentry issues.
- The Wichita Eagle wrote about the Wichita, Kansas CIT team and it’s continuing progress two years into it’s development. You can read about it on the Wichita Eagle Web site.
- The Fayetteville Observer reported that Cumberland County North Carolina’s police have sent their second group of officers for CIT training and this time with more participants than the county’s first CIT training in June. Read about it here on the Fayetteville Observer Web site.
- The National CIT Conference will be held in San Antonio, TX June 1-3 2010. To see the Save the Date announcement, visit the NAMI Web site. To learn more about submitting a proposal to present at the conference, please see the Call for Papers. The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2010. For more information, call 210-358-6919 or check out their Web site.