|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; email@example.com
Recovery for All: December 2010
Seasons greetings! As 2010 is coming to a close, this issue of Recovery for All highlights the activities and accomplishments of the NAMI Multicultural Action Center over the past year. We wish to acknowledge the subscribers who took part in these activities and contributed to their successes, and thank all of our readers for their continued interest and support.
Articles of Interest
Multicultural Action Center Highlights of 2010
Plans for 2011
Announcements / upcoming events
Join us July 6-9 in the Windy City for the NAMI annual convention!
- Suicide prevention tribal listening sessions: the joint initiative of the Indian Health Service, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and the Department of the Interior’s Indian Affairs. Four remaining sessions will take place in Sacramento, Calif. (Dec. 21), Albuquerque, N.M. (Jan.10), Portland, Ore. (Jan. 12) and Arlington, Va. (Feb. 10)
- CLAS Standards Enhancement Initiative commenting period on the current national Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health Care open through Dec. 31
- 11th annual Central Texas African American Family Support Conference Thursday, Feb. 10 – Friday, Feb. 11, Austin, Texas
- From Disparities Research to Disparities Interventions: Lessons Learned and Opportunities for the Future of Behavioral Health Care conference April 6-7, 2011, Arlington, Va.