|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
NAMI Howard County
MISSION - The mission of NAMI Howard County, MD, Inc. (NAMI HC) is to improve the lives of individuals with mental illness and their families through education, advocacy and support, and to increase awareness of mental illness throughout the community.
VISION - NAMI HC is the leading advocate and resource regarding mental illness in Howard County.
NAMI Howard County offers:
- Family & Friends Who Care About an Adult with a Mental Illness
- Parents and Caregivers of Children & Teens with Mental Health Issues
- Individuals Living with Serious Mental Illness (NAMI Connection)
- Sunday Suppers, a social opportunity for adults living with mental illness.
- In Our Own Voice: Living with Mental Illness
- Family-to-Family Education Course
- NAMI Basics Education Course
- Peer-to-Peer Education Course
- NAMI Howard County Educational Forums
- Parents & Teachers as Allies: Recognizing Early Onset Mental Illness in Children and Teens
There is no charge for our programs and they are open to anyone regardless of membership in NAMI.
Please visit the "What's New" page for current NAMI events and news.
Additionally, NAMI Howard County also:
- provides local information and referral services;
- conducts community education through presentations and by serving on local committees and boards;
- interacts with local professionals;
- works with local media on stories about mental illness; and
- reports on local issues and needs to their state organization.
Like us on Facebook