National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from NAMI Kentucky
As NAMI is a grassroots organization, we welcome your ideas for volunteering activities. It is often the family members who see an unmet need, and in trying to meet the need, create a volunteer opportunity.
Some volunteer activities include the following:
- Data Entry
- Mailings, photocopying, general office work
- Reading/summarizing program evaluations
- Preparing materials for trainings
- Training to teach a class or facilitate a support group
- Researching for articles/books/resources for families and consumers
- Quarterly newsletter
- Making presentations to provider venues (ie. hospital staff meetings, etc.)
- Distributing literature to area providers’ offices, schools, churches, etc.
- Making presentations to civic groups, schools, etc.
- Phone surveys
- Hospital Outreach
- Staffing booths at Conferences and special events (ie. KPA's Conference)
NAMI IS its volunteers.
NAMI is no more than the dedicated efforts of its volunteers. Therefore, we are only as strong as our volunteers. We not only appreciate their service but respect each person's ideas and availability.
As you can see, we are growing stronger day by day; the above picture features a few thousand NAMI volunteers participating in NAMI Lexington's NAMI WALKS FOR THE MIND OF AMERICA on October 7th, 2006! Call to ask how your talents/skills/interests can be put to use for the cause: