National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from NAMI Greater Cleveland
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at NAMI GC, many of which take place at our office during our business hours of Monday-Friday, 9-5. We also have some community based volunteer opportunities. We would love to meet you and hear more about your experience. Please complete the following forms and I will be in touch with you.
Current volunteer opportunities may include:
Helpline/Receptionist: Field phone calls from family members, consumers,
Board of Directors: Serve on NAMIGC’s Board of Directors. May serve on adjunct committees as needed.
Clerical/Computer/Data Entry: Assist with mailings, stuffing envelopes, filing,
Speakers Bureau: Present information about mental illness to the community.
Health/Community Fair: Staff NAMI information table at community events; event based and periodic.
I am looking forward to meeting you. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Jane Arnoff Logsdon
Event Planning Intern
The Event Planning Intern will provide day-to-day logistics and support in helping
NAMI GC is a 501c3 organization founded in 1983. Or mission is to promote recover
NAMIWalks 2014 is a family and community event to raise awareness, educate people
• Recruit walkers to join walk teams through email communication, social media and other
• Communicate with walk teams and team captains through email, social media and other
• Promote the Walk using email communication, NAMI GC’s Facebook page, and Twitter
• Develop and update event materials.
• Research and reserve equipment needed for Walk Day.
• Respond to Walk inquiries from our members, affiliates, and the public general using
• Assist with general aspects of organizing a large event including but not limited to copying
• Provide overall logistical and outreach support for the 2014 NAMI Walk.
• Research and solicit businesses for donations through phone calls, letters, and in-person meetings.
Start date: May 1, 2014
Desired skills and experience:
• Commitment to mission and goals of NAMI GC.
• Event-planning experience or strong desire to gain skill in this area.
• Great communication skills.
• Creativity in developing out reach efforts.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Experience with Constant Contact, Facebook and Twitter.
• Outgoing personality, comfortable meeting new people and ability to interact well with diverse
• May 1 – September 31, 2014
• Time commitment of at least 10-15 hours per week which would be completed primarily
• Availability on Saturday, September 20. 2014 is a must.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain event planning skills and gain exposure to a grassroots organization.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jane Arnoff Logsdon, Volunteer Coordinator
The internship is located in the NAMI GC offices located at
Related FilesVolunteer Application Form (Word Document)