|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
NAMI Greater Cleveland
NON-PROFIT INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at NAMI GC, most of which take place at our office during our business hours of Monday-Friday, 9-5. We also have some community based volunteer opportunities, including our annual NAMI walk. We would love to meet you and hear more about your experience. Please complete the following forms and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you.
We are looking forward to meeting you and thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Jane Arnoff Logsdon
NAMI GC Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer application form
Volunteer interest form
Current volunteer opportunities may include:
Office work: filing, making informational packets, mailings, photocopying, etc.
Helpline: Answering phones as well as providing support, information and referrals to callers. (Training provided)
Special events: helping with publicity and marketing for NAMI walk and other one time events, such as health fairs.
Speakers Bureau: Present information about mental illness at community events with the support of NAMI staff. Share your story and what it's like to cope with and/or care for a person with a serious mental illness (training provided).
Your special skills: let us know what you do best and we will figure out the best place for you!
NON-PROFIT INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:
NAMI Greater Cleveland is looking to fill these positions immediately.
FUNDRAISING AND SPECIAL-EVENT COORDINATION
NAMI Greater Cleveland is a local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. Currently, NAMI Greater Cleveland has two internship/volunteer opportunities available for its’ annual NAMIWalks Event, held in September 2013
These unpaid internships/volunteer offer a hands-on working experience in non-profit/organizational fundraising and special event coordination. NAMI is a mission-driven organization with a friendly, supportive, and motivated staff. Everyone involved with NAMI are committed to a vital cause: raising the awareness of mental illness, promoting all aspects of mental health, and fighting stigma associated with mental illness.
Our West 25th Street office is located near the West Side Market and downtown Cleveland, but never the less maintains free parking and easy access to public transportation. Start/end dates and hours are very flexible. Ideally, interns would work one full day a week until May/June then 2-3 full days a week. The organization has opportunities available all year round, especially for current students with varying semester dates and requirements.
Fundraising Internship Responsibilities/Requirements:
- Active participation in all planning meetings and execution of the annual event
- Recruit and develop Team Captains
- Coordinating with the WALK's Business Chairperson on securing sponsorship through presentations, meetings, and advanced communication.
- Solicit donations/corporate sponsorship for Walk and pre-Walk events
- Proofing and providing insight on solicitation letters received by Special Events Coordinator before they are put forth to the public
- Willingness to become efficient in online fundraising
- Assist newly registered Walkers with establishing and conducting their own training and fundraising of event walkers/teams.
- Participate in e-mail campaign requiring motivating and supportive contact of volunteers/team leaders/walkers.
- Perform direct-contact of past participants through phone calling
- Fundraising Experience a PlusThe fundraising intern is able to experience all aspects of fundraising for a special events.
Communications/Marketing Internship Responsibilities/Requirements:
- Update the NAMI Greater Cleveland web site, and social network pages (i.e. Twitter and Facebook.
- Support the Special Events Coordinator with event/WALK day activities
- Assist with layout/design of mailing and marketing materials from beginning to end (i.e. creation, printing, and mailing)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word & Publisher.
- Assist in planning/decorating our FREE kick-off luncheon
- Launch weekly email communications
- Receive training in the utilization of “Constant Contact” and launching 6,000 e-mails weekly
- Become efficient in online fundraising and marketing of the NAMIWalks 2013-media, social networking, brochures, and etc.
The Communications/Marketing Intern is able to gain experience in E-Mail Campaigning, implementing advertising and marketing strategies, and social media management.
Please Address, Fax, or E-mail Cover letter/Letter of Intent along with resume to:
Special Events Coordinator
National Alliance on Mental Illness Greater Cleveland (NAMIGC)
2012 W.25th Street - 6th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44113