National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from NAMI Greater Cleveland
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available at NAMI GC, many of which take place at our office during our business hours of Monday-Friday, 9-5. We also have some community based volunteer opportunities. We would love to meet you and hear more about your experience. Please complete the following forms and I will be in touch with you.
Current volunteer opportunities may include:
Helpline/Receptionist: Field phone calls from family members, consumers, and the general public.
Board of Directors: Serve on NAMIGC’s Board of Directors. May serve on adjunct committees as needed.
Clerical/Computer/Data Entry: Assist with mailings, stuffing envelopes, filing, making copies.
Speakers Bureau: Present information about mental illness to the community. Share your story and what it’s like to
Health/Community Fair: Staff NAMI information table at community events; event based and periodic.
I am looking forward to meeting you. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Jane Arnoff Logsdon
NAMI GC Volunteer Coordinator
Event Planning Intern
The Event Planning Intern will provide day-to-day logistics and planning support in helping to plan and
NAMI GC is a 501c3 organization founded in 1983. Or mission is to promote recover and improve the quality of life of
NAMIWalks 2014 is a family and community event to raise awareness, educate people about mental illness and
• Recruit walkers to join walk teams through email communication, social media and other means.
• Communicate with walk teams and team captains through email, social media and other means.
• Promote the Walk using email communication, NAMI GC’s Facebook page, and Twitter account.
• Develop and update event materials.
• Research and reserve equipment needed for Walk Day.
• Respond to Walk inquiries from our members, affiliates, and the public general using email
communication and other means.
• Assist with general aspects of organizing a large event including but not limited to copying
materials for Walk pacts; sending out Walk packets in the mail; and various administrative tasks.
• Provide overall logistical and outreach support for the 2014 NAMI Walk.
• Research and solicit businesses for donations through phone calls, letters, and in-person meetings.
Start date: May 1, 2014
Desired skills and experience:
• Commitment to mission and goals of NAMI GC.
• Event-planning experience or strong desire to gain skill in this area.
• Great communication skills.
• Creativity in developing out reach efforts.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Experience with Constant Contact, Facebook and Twitter.
• Outgoing personality, comfortable meeting new people and ability to interact well with diverse
groups of people, particularly people with disabilities and special needs.
• May 1 – September 31, 2014
• Time commitment of at least 10-15 hours per week which would be completed primarily Monday –
• Availability on Saturday, September 20. 2014 is a must.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain event planning sills and gain exposure to a grassroots organization.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jane Arnoff Logsdon, Volunteer Coordinator
The internship is located in the NAMI GC offices located at 2012 West 25th Street, #600, Cleveland, OH 44113. We are across from the West Side Market and many other restaurants and places of interests in a vibrant neighborhood.