|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the dates of the 2014 NAMI National Convention?
The convention dates are September 3 - 6. It will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.
- I am trying to plan my travel. What is the convention schedule?
The convention begins on Wednesday, September 3 and ends on Saturday evening, September 6. Check out the program page for a schedule that will assist you in planning your travel.
- What hotel is NAMI using in Washington, DC?
All convention activities will be held at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. The hotel rate is $155 per night (plus tax) for a single or double room.
Check out the Hotel and Travel page for more detail.
- I want to register for the convention. How much does it cost and how can I do this?
You may register online for the convention. The Early Bird rate of just $235 for NAMI members is available until July 31,2014. Learn More!
- I want to exhibit at the convention.
Applications for exhibit booths are now available. Click here for details on exhibiting at the NAMI Convention.
- Does NAMI provide Continuing Education Units?
NAMI is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to offer up to 23 contact hours for nurses; by the Minnesota Board of Social Work to offer up to 23 continuing education units to social workers; and by the National Board for
Certified Counselors to offer up to 23 continuing education units to licensed counselors. The fee for applying is just $15. The application will be available onsite at the NAMI Information Desk.
Participants are responsible for verifying with their own respective state board/agency that the CEUs that are offered at the convention through accreditation by the California Board of Registered Nursing, the Minnesota Board of Social Work, or the National Board for Certified Counselors are accepted in their home state.
- Can I submit a workshop proposal for the convention?
No, the deadline to submit a proposal for the 2014 Convention was December 3, 2013. We are not accepting proposals at this time.
The workshop submission process for the 2015 NAMI National Convention in San Francisco will begin late September. Please check our website at that time.
- When and where is the 2015 NAMI National Convention?
The 2015 NAMI National Convention will be held at the San Francisco Hilton, July 6-9.