Executive Director, NAMI Ohio - Columbus OH
NAMI Ohio is seeking an experienced professional to represent our agency as the State of Ohio’s voice on mental illness. The Executive Director manages and directs all operations for the Board of Directors. NAMI Ohio is responsible for assisting our 55 community affiliates and for representing over 550,000 citizens of the state and their families who struggle with stigma, discrimination, and challenges in receiving life-saving care. The Executive Director reports to a 27-member statewide Board of Directors and supervises all staff needed to accomplish the NAMI Ohio mission. The Executive Director serves as the top administrator of the organization with responsibilities to oversee and implement the policies and procedures developed by the board of directors.
The ideal candidate is currently serving or has previously held a top executive position of a human service organization and no less than five years in a senior or leadership management position. The person chosen shall have the knowledge and the personality to aggressively present the advocacy messages that best serve the families and consumers of mental health care throughout the state of Ohio. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a consensus builder, a team player, and have a strong understanding of financial management and fund raising. The ideal candidate would have a master’s degree or the equivalent via demonstrated leadership history. Finally, although not required, individuals with personal experience dealing with the issue of mental illness are encouraged to apply.
The Executive Director shall:
• Initiate and direct the development of policies for board approval. All policies must be consumer driven and developed for the specific purpose of enhancing the services made available to NAMI Ohio membership.
• Research, develop, and present adequate information to help the Board of Directors reach sound decisions and establish appropriate policies.
• Ensure increased development of an outreach and engagement strategy to include underserved communities historically not included in the NAMI Ohio affiliate family.
• Direct administrative staff members in their assignments and duties and be responsible for compliance with all personnel policies.
• Assure that the NAMI Ohio financial system meets the highest accountability standards. Ensure that the financial system is managed within the budget guidelines established by the Board of Directors and be accountable to all funding sources.
• Maintain on-going effective dialogue with the State of Ohio, all departments of government, NAMI Ohio affiliate organizations, various other mental health state-wide and local agencies involved with mental health services and with the public.
• In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop and maintain all strategic planning that furthers the mission of NAMI Ohio.
Applications will be received through September 24, 2010. Please send a letter of interest along with a resume including three professional and three personal references (references will only be contacted for final five candidates). Application must contain salary requirements. Submit information to email@example.com or mail to NAMI Ohio Executive Search; 747 E. Broad Street; Columbus, OH 43205.
|Contact Name:||NAMI Ohio|