Introduction to Paul Wellstone & Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
This overview of the document below is an introduction to the MHPAEA and its implementation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Parity from the Parity Implementation Coalition (pdf)
This document addresses questions like medications for psychiatric and substance abuse conditions, Medicaid managed care plans and coverage for specific treatments or levels of care.
FAQ About Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act from United States Department of Labor
Visit the FAQ section of this site for comprehensive coverage of such areas as COBRA benefits, pensions and retirement and reporting forms.
Resources from Mental Health Parity Watch
Visit this site for email and phone contact information and resources that answer the following questions:
- what the federal law covers;
- how a state's law works with the federal parity act
- where to file a complaint;
- what's involved in filing an insurance claim with your health plan when benefits have been denied;
- when an external review is warranted and
- what it means to file an ERISA claim.