Breathe Easy with NAMI AIR
What is NAMI AIR?
NAMI AIR (Anonymous. Inspiring. Relatable) is the new NAMI app, a free, mobile-based social network designed for individuals living with mental health conditions and their family members/caregivers.
NAMI AIR is intended to provide another way for people to find and give support, to connect with others through smart phone and computer tablet.
- NAMI AIR encourages users to anonymously share their stories and receive feedback in the form of social interactions such as “like,” “hug” and “me too.”
- Also allows users to access information on how to get help, learn more about NAMI and connect with the NAMI HelpLine.
- NAMI AIR facilitates personal connections with others who may be going through, or have been through, similar situations. Users are anonymous but not alone.
How do I start using NAMI AIR?
After NAMI AIR is downloaded through the Apple and Android App Stores, users will start by creating an account and selecting a group to join.
- Individual living with a mental health condition
- Family member or caregiver
What posts you see are determined by the path you chose (for example, If you am a caregiver or family member, the stories you see on your feed will also be from caregivers or family members). You can “toggle” between these two groups—so you can choose to engage in one group, then select the other, allowing you to interact in both communities. However, you will not be able to interact in both at the same time.
How do users know that my information is safe and confidential?
Users don’t create any sort of username while signing up. All posts are completely anonymous. The only information you give is your email address. Email addresses are only used for sign in and in case of an emergency. So you can be assured that your posts and participation are completely anonymous.