Each year NAMI recognizes achievements from dozens of individuals including psychiatrists, NAMI members, advocates and researchers across the country. These amazing individuals improve the lives of the people and families living with mental illness. Here is how we thank them:
The Exemplary Psychiatrist Award allows NAMI members, NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates throughout the country to publicly honor the psychiatrists that work tirelessly to help improve the lives of people living with mental health conditions.
The NAMI Scientific Research Award, supported by the Peter Corbin Kohn Endowment, recognizes the researchers who move our scientific understanding and treatment of mental illness forward.
Each year at the NAMI National Convention, we honor individuals and organizations for their oustanding work in furthering the goals of the NAMI movement. These awards include:
- Distinguished Service Award
- Gloria Huntley Award
- Ken Steele Award
- Lionel Aldridge Champions Award
- Outstanding NAMI Member
- Richard T. Greer Advocacy Award
- Sam Cochran Criminal Justice Award
- Young Leader Award
- Multicultural Outreach Award
- Outstanding NAMI Affiliate
- Outstanding NAMI State Organization
- Rona and Ken Purdy Award to End Discrimination