2017 NAMI FaithNet Funding Opportunities
NAMI FaithNet is a national grassroots educational outreach network composed of NAMI members, clergy and friends. It includes online training tools and other resources available to people of all religious traditions. NAMI FaithNet was established to:
- equip NAMI members and leaders with resources and a network for sharing ideas to raise awareness, and increase understanding about mental illness;
- develop supportive and welcoming environments in faith communities for those affected by mental illness;
- promote the value of faith and spirituality in recovery and care-giving; and
- educate clergy and faith communities about mental illness and their role in advocating for and supporting all affected by mental illness.
To further these goals and strengthen our effectiveness, NAMI FaithNet is offering the following funding opportunities:
- Financial support in the amount of $250.00 to support up to six (6) NAMI State Organizations and/or Affiliates in their efforts to connect with faith communities via one of two FaithNet resources: Reaching Out to Faith Communities or Bridges of Hope.
- A limited number of grants ranging between $1,000 – 2,500 to NAMI State Organizations and Affiliates to support FaithNet efforts designed to help educate and inspire faith communities about mental illness and the vital role spirituality plays in recovery for many.
The 2017 NAMI FaithNet activities will be part of NAMI’s campaign StigmaFree. As such, grantees are expected to incorporate the campaign’s main message into their events. NAMI has a series of marketing and outreach resources to help accomplish this.
NAMI FaithNet grants are open to any NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate, even those that have received and complied with a grant guidelines in the past.
The 2017 application deadline has passed.
NAMI is thankful to the Kinschner Family Foundation for their generous contribution towards making the NAMI FaithNet grants possible.