RPG Limit Break
What is RPG Limit Break?
RPG Limit Break is a weeklong charity speedrun marathon in support of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and NAMI Utah. Gamers all over the world are coming together from May 13-19 to speedrun a wide variety of console & PC Role Playing Games. Viewers may donate to enter in for prize drawings and chances to name characters in the games!
[Return for a live-feed of the RPG Limit Break marathon from May 13–19]
Watch live video from RPGLimitBreak on www.twitch.tv
About Mental Illness
Millions of Americans, 1 in 5 or nearly 60 million people, face the day-to-day reality of living with a mental health condition. We get it. We’ve been there. We offer help and hope; we improve lives and take a stand.
NAMI means more than simply hope—we educate families and those living with mental health conditions and advocate night and day to ensure better lives for everyone.
About NAMI Utah
NAMI Utah is the state chapter of NAMI and like our national leaders, we envision a world free of stigma and discrimination where all people impacted by mental illness are able to access the help they need to enter into recovery. Through an army of committed volunteers, we offer mental health education courses and support groups state wide. We also provide peer-to-peer mentorship, guiding those in need through our complex mental health system and connecting them to the resources and services essential for them to heal. Last year, we were able to help over 6,000 people in these areas alone. More broadly, we work to promote mental health awareness and offer education across all sectors of our community ranging from schools and local business to law enforcement and local governments. All of our services, supports, education, and advocacy are provided at no cost, achieved only through the financial support of donors, foundation giving, fundraisers and charity events like this one. Learn more at www.namiut.org.
Raise Awareness for Mental Health Month
Each year millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. During May, NAMI and the rest of the country are bringing awareness to mental health. Each year we fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care.
In 2018, NAMI will promote the theme of "CureStigma" throughout all awareness events, including Mental Health Month.
Why this cause is important: One in 5 Americans is affected by mental health conditions. Stigma is toxic to their mental health because it creates an environment of shame, fear and silence that prevents many people from seeking help and treatment. The perception of mental illness won’t change unless we act to change it.
What Your Donations Can Do
- $50 provides up to five NAMI mental health education student manuals for those attending our free courses. Folks attending these courses call NAMI manuals their mental health bible and their go-to resource to navigate their day to day challenges. Last year, NAMI UT had over 1,000 students in our NAMI education courses.
- $50 provides training, materials, transportation and inspiration to a NAMI Hill Day Advocate preparing them for a visit to Capitol Hill, ready to engage with their Representative on the importance of improving access to mental health care in America.
- $500 supports the HelpLine for one day. Trained staff and volunteers field calls from around the country and connect people to information, resources, and help in their communities for themselves or a family member affected by mental illness.
- $800 provides the tools and resources necessary to help the NAMI organization offer NAMI’s signature youth and young adult focused presentation, Ending the Silence, in a new community.
- $45,000 We are able to serve over 800 people through our Mentoring Program, a peer-to-peer model that connects individuals with mental illness or their family members with a NAMI Utah Mentor who offers not only a listening ear and guidance but connects people to the right resources, services, supports and treatments that are central to health and wellness.
Thank you to the dedicated players and viewers of RPG Limit Break—Over 100 players and thousands of viewers from around the world raised over $100,000 last year to help NAMI and NAMI Utah continue our mission for saving and improving lives.