Events, Groups, Forum, Newsletters
We THANK our 2018 Board of Directors
Marsha Williams, President
Kathleen Brown, Vice President
Lisa Moore, Secretary
Dee Anna Escobedo, Treasurer
John Corr, Member-at-Large
Aileen Fink-Ambrose, Member-at-Large
Ted Schwarz, Member-at-Large
Janet Sjoholm, Member-at-Large
We are pleased to announce that our next Family-to-Family Class is accepting applications.
NAMI Connection is a weekly recovery support group for people living with mental illness in which people learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding. Meetings are held every Thursday at 6:30 pm in Kent.
NAMI Family Support Group is a free, confidential and safe group of families helping other families who live with mental health challenges by utilizing their collective lived experiences and learned group wisdom. Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 6:30 pm in Kent.
NAMI In Our Own Voice presentations change attitudes, assumptions and stereotypes about people with mental health conditions. These free, 40-, 60- or 90-minute presentations provide a personal perspective of mental illness, as presenters with lived experience talk openly about what it's like to live with a mental health condition.
Our trained presenters humanize the misunderstood, highly stigmatized topic of mental illness by showing that it's possible—and common—to live well with a mental health condition. This presentation also provides:
- A chance to ask presenters questions, allowing for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispelling of stereotypes and misconceptions.
- The understanding that every person with a mental health condition can hope for a brighter future.
- Information on how to learn more about mental health and get involved with the mental health community.
What People Are Saying
- “Amazing presentation with amazing presenters! You 100% erased any stigma I used to associate with mental illness.”
- “Several of the mental health staff stated that they saw recovery as a real option—for the first time ever.”
- “Presenting this program is the single most effective thing I am doing to maintain my mental health. Time after time, I see the audience respond with curiosity and interest. I know I am changing the face of mental illness and that I have transformed my pain into the power to make a difference.”
Schedule Or Attend A Presentation
If you would like to host or attend a NAMI In Our Own Voice presentation contact our office at (253) 854-6264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMI South King County Community Forum is a free, educational, public community group where topics of interest are introduced and discussed among local residents in attendance. Forums are held the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 pm in South King County. Please see the current newsletter for more detailed information about the forum for the month.
Please click the following link to see our 2019 newsletters.
Please contact l our office at email@example.com to ask to receive our newsletter each month by email.
Archived Newsletter Copies
2018 2017 2016