NAMI is pleased to announce the eleven candidates for the 2020 - 2021 NAMI Board of Directors! Five candidates will be elected to serve for the standard three-year term.
All nominees are NAMI members and members of the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization making the nomination. Nominations were made by NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations that have submitted their membership and paid dues by the nomination deadline.
In addition to their statements of candidacy and their NAMI affiliations and other Board service, each candidate profile includes the letter of nomination from the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization recommending them for service to the NAMI Board and a summary of statements both the candidate and the nominator provided in support of their candidacy. The candidates are listed in the order each accepted the nomination and confirmed they would serve on the Board if elected:
- Lisa B. Dixon, MD, MPH, nominated by NAMI New York State
- Laurita J. Barber, nominated by NAMI Franklin County (OH)
- John W. Schladweiler, nominated by NAMI Illinois
- Wizipan Little Elk, nominated by NAMI South Dakota
- Connie Mom-Chhing, DM, MPA, nominated by NAMI Southwest Washington (WA)
- Carlos A. Larrauri, APRN, nominated by NAMI Miami-Dade County (FL)
- Vanessa Price, NDCI Division Director, nominated by NAMI Oklahoma
- Jeff Fladen MSW, nominated by NAMI Tennessee
- Micah Payne Pearson, C.P.S.W., nominated by NAMI Southern New Mexico (NM)
- Matt Kuntz, JD, nominated by NAMI Montana
- Keino McWhinney, nominated by NAMI Texas
RECORDED CANDIDATE SPEECHES
LIVE CANDIDATE SPEECHES THURSDAY, JULY 9 AT 4PM EDT
While NAMICon 2020 will be taking place virtually this year on July 13-14, we will still provide all NAMI Board candidates with an opportunity to make their "on-site" Convention speeches.
These typically take place the day before the election closes. This year, NAMI hosted a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, July 9 at 4pm EDT where all 2020-2021 NAMI Board of Director candidates had the opportunity to speak directly to the membership.
Thank you to those of you who joined us and heard from ten of the eleven candidates! In case you were unable to attend, a recording of the speeches is available here.
If you have questions about the 2020 NAMI voting and elections process, please send an email to email@example.com.