NAMI is pleased to announce the eleven candidates for the 2021-2022 NAMI Board of Directors! Five candidates will be elected to serve for the standard three-year term.
All nominees are NAMI members and members of the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization making the nomination. Nominations were made by NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations in good standing - those organizations that have submitted their memberships and paid dues by the membership deadline 70 days prior to NAMI's annual meeting.
In addition to their statements of candidacy and their NAMI affiliations and other Board service, each candidate profile includes the letter of nomination from the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization recommending them for service to the NAMI Board and a summary of statements both the candidate and the nominator provided in support of their candidacy, along with a 5-minute recorded speech from the candidate.
The candidates are listed in the order each accepted the nomination and confirmed they would serve on the Board if elected:
- Judge Joyce A. Campbell, nominated by NAMI Ohio
- Rabbi Sandra Cohen, nominated by NAMI Colorado
- Ray C. Lay, CHWCRS-SA Veteran/Forensic Peer Support Specialist, nominated by NAMI Indiana
- Rajeev Jain, PhD, MBA, nominated by NAMI Central Texas
- Jay Redd, Esq., nominated by NAMI Mercer NJ
- Vanessa Fernandes, SHRM-CP, nominated by NAMI North Texas
- Dan Schuberth, MPA, MSOD, nominated by NAMI Alaska
- Glenda Wrenn Gordon, MD, MSHP, nominated by NAMI Georgia
- Jeff Fladen, MSW, nominated by NAMI Tennessee
- Darien Wright, MBA/CPA, nominated by NAMI Prince George's County (MD)
- Courtney Phillips, Miss Virginia for America 2020, nominated by NAMI Northern Virginia
Live Candidate Speeches
While NAMICon 2021 will be taking place virtually this year on July 27-28, we will still provide all NAMI Board candidates with an opportunity to make their "on-site" Convention speeches which typically take place the day before the election closes.
Again this year, NAMI hosted a Virtual Town Hall where all 2021-2022 NAMI Board of Director candidates had the opportunity to speak directly to the membership. This year's Virtual Town Hall with Live Candidate Speeches was held on Tuesday, July 6 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. ET. Click here to watch a recording of the Virtual Town Hall.
If you have questions about the 2021 NAMI voting and elections process, please send an email to [email protected]