Press and Media
Welcome to the NAMI Newsroom! Every day, the media publishes stories about mental health. As a leading voice in the mental health community, NAMI can help journalists and thought leaders shape their messages by providing knowledgeable spokespeople, statistics and personal stories of people living with mental illness.
NAMI has numerous resources available for the press and media, including:
- Press Releases: Browse through statements and announcements from NAMI about the latest mental health news.
- Public Service Announcements and Videos: View and download from NAMI’s broadcast-ready video archive of inspirational stories, PSAs, educational shorts and more.
- Surveys and Reports: Read the latest opinion surveys and policy reports to explore the experiences of individuals, families, caregivers and members of the public on an array of important topics.
- Infographics and Statistics: Learn the latest information on mental health and download statistics in easily-digestible and readable infographics.
- Spokespersons: Lend a voice to your story. From thought leaders to psychiatrists to people with lived experience, NAMI has the right expert for your piece.
Recent Press Releases
7 Health Organizations File Lawsuit Against the Short-Term, Limited-Duration Plan Final Rule
Sep 14 2018
Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP), National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Mental Health America, American Psychiatric Association (APA), AIDS United, National Partnership for Women & Families, and Little Lobbyists today filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to invalidate the short-term, limited-duration insurance (STLDI) plan rule issued last month by three federal agencies.
Mental Health Parity at Risk
Jun 12 2018
NAMI released a report highlighting the impossible barriers millions of Americans living with mental health and substance use disorders faced prior to passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).