NAMI on Campus
Making a Difference at Your School
Balancing papers, exams and a social life can make college a stressful experience. For students already living with a mental illness, there are other aspects of the college experience to navigate. Some of the best support a student can receive is from peers. To help make that happen, we created NAMI on Campus.
NAMI on Campus clubs provide students with what they have repeatedly said they want: peer-run mental health organizations on campus. These student-led clubs help:
- Support fellow students
- Raise mental health awareness
- Educate the campus community
- Promote and advocate for services and supports
NAMI on Campus clubs address mental health issues so that all students have a positive, successful and fun college experience.
Why NAMI on Campus?
As a NAMI on Campus club, you will belong to the largest grassroots mental health organization in America. Club leaders have access to the staff, resources, opportunities and support of being part of the larger NAMI cause—even beyond their college years.
NAMI on Campus leaders are granted exclusive access to materials that can be used to run a successful club, including a leaders only webpage and a monthly newsletter. They are also provided with opportunities to bounce ideas off other NAMI on Campus leaders through a leaders only Facebook page and an online discussion group.
Starting a Club
First check out to see if there is a club already at your school. If there isn't don't worry, starting a NAMI on Campus club at your school is easy!
- Fill out the NAMI on Campus Interest Form.
- We’ll send you a Startup Packet and give you access to a NAMI on Campus Leaders Only Web section that will provide you with resources to help start your club.
- Contact your NAMI State Organization and NAMI Affiliate, connect with your school, write a club constitution and recruit club members.
- Send your completed materials back to NAMI and we’ll make you an official club.
If you have any questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.