Donate to NAMI
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization. We are dedicated to improving lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. We offer help. We offer hope.
Every day, individuals and communities across the country are demanding early intervention, better care, effective treatment and improved outcomes.
NAMI helps create a vision of a better tomorrow—an expectation that people affected by mental illness will live happily, productively and well.
How Your Donation Helps
When you make a financial contribution, you help ensure no individual or family is alone in this fight by providing a network of resources and support both in communities through classes, presentations and online resources.
How NAMI Makes a Difference
- We provide support and education classes to individuals and families affected by mental illness, as well as to the general public.
- The NAMI HelpLine responds to more than 100,000 requests each year, providing resources and information to those in search of help and support.
- We promote nationwide awareness events and activities, including Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Mental Health Awareness Month and NAMIWalks to fight stigma and stereotypes.
- We advocate on national, state and local levels to create common-sense solutions to policy issues that affect people living with mental illness.
- We promote research to help ensure that new treatments, early intervention solutions, and eventually a cure for mental illness.
- We make sure that media reporting is compassionate, understanding and accurate in its representation of mental illness.
For more information about donating, please email Donor Services or call us toll free at 1-888-999-NAMI (6264).
Ways of Giving
Some of the many ways you can support NAMI include donating online, setting up a monthly donation, giving through work, donating your vehicle, making a gift of stock or holding your own DIY fundraising event. Explore a variety of options to support NAMI.
NAMI is a 501(c)(3) organization and can also be identified for tax purposes with our EIN 43-1201653