Publications & Reports
Full of in-depth stories on mental illness, research, mental health legislation, surveys, personal stories, and NAMI events, our publications keep you up to date on the state of mental health in our country.
NAMI's Advocate magazine is published 3 times a year and is a NAMI member benefit.
In every issue, we cover a variety of topics relating to mental health, from research to pop culture to personal stories. If you'd like to start receiving the Advocate, become a NAMI member today.
In the Latest Issue:
- Seeking Support and Community in a Digital Age
- Getting Support Without Giving Your Name
- What Does It Mean to Have a Mental Illness?
- Taking Another Look at Clozapine
To sign up to receive any of NAMI's digital newsletters, create a nami.org account and manage your subscription options. Our e-newsletters include:
- NAMI Now, which features news, blogs and information on mental illness, research, arts and culture, NAMI inside events and more
- NAMI e-News, which features the latest in federal action alerts, legislation and policy updates
- CIT In Action, which features news and information about police Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) programs, jail diversion, community reentry and decriminalization initiatives
Public Policy Reports
NAMI publishes reports on critical, emerging issues to help inform the public about the importance of effective mental health policy.
NAMI publishes public and community survey reports to explore and discover the experiences and perspectives of individuals, family caregivers and members of the public on an array of important topics.