NAMI Ask the Expert is Live in 3...2...1!
Join us on Friday, June 29 from 5:00–6:30 p.m. EST for our first-ever NAMI Ask the Expert Live broadcasting from the 2018 NAMI National Convention in New Orleans. “Improving Mental Health Care Through Inclusion and Compassion: Lessons from the Field” is available both for convention attendees or online users who register ahead.
You’ll hear presentations from a health care administrator, a medical school professor, a person with lived experience and a family member. Each will share their unique role in ensuring that people seeking mental health treatment are treated with respect, dignity and equality.
Some of the topics our panel will discuss include:
- Why it’s important for health care organizations to embrace the concept of working collaboratively with patients and their families.
- Why it’s important for medical professionals to understand the lived experience of their patients.
- Why we need to engage families in the treatment process.
- And any questions from the live audience and participants on the phone.
Our Expert Panel
Moderated by: Ken Duckworth, M.D. Medical Director, NAMI
- Terry Bridges, Executive Chairman, SUN Behavioral Franklin, TN
- Angelina Brown Hudson, Program Director, NAMI Greater Houston, Houston, TX
- Carlos A. Larrauri, MSN, ARNP, FNP_BC, Family Nurse Practitioner, NAMI Board of Directors, Miami, FL
- Lisa Streyffeler, Ph.D., Assistant Professor and Chair of Behavioral Medicine, Medical Humanities & Bioethics, Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines, IA
Register Online Now
Can't Make It?
After the webinar, visit our NAMI Ask the Expert archive to find this webinar's recording.
For questions or more information, contact the NAMI HelpLine at email@example.com or 703-524-7600.