Frequently Asked Questions

Medication Frequently Asked Questions

Can NAMI help me find a group home or residential treatment?

Our Securing Stable Housing page can help you identify options that may work in your situation and information on how to get in touch with housing resources.

Your NAMI Affiliate may be able to offer suggestions. Also ask your community mental health center, Clubhouse or call 2-1-1 for help accessing housing.  Local libraries are also good resources for information. 

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Locator includes a state by state searchable database of mental health care facilities. You can also call their Helpline at 800-662-HELP (4357), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

The American Residential Treatment Association  (ARTA) maintains a list of specialized programs. The member organizations of ARTA offer a variety of services and are able to respond to a wide range of needs. Check with your insurance or Medicare office to see what’s covered.

Back to questions