You can use your donor advised fund to recommend grants to charitable organizations, receive an immediate tax benefit and distribute gifts to qualified charities, such as NAMI.
As the advisor to your fund, you can recommend a grant be made to NAMI. We are a US-based, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our EIN is 43-1201653.
How Does a DAF Work?
- You make an irrevocable contribution of cash or other assets (you may choose to be recognized or remain anonymous)
- You immediately receive the maximum tax deduction that the IRS allows at the time of the contributions (this can be a tax-efficient strategy to charitable giving)
- Your contribution is placed into an account where it can be invested and grow tax-free
- At any time afterward, you can recommend grants from your account to qualified charities
Ways to Support NAMI Through a DAF
- Make a one-time contribution to NAMI (this can be pre-scheduled, if preferred)
- Increase your impact with a recurring contribution
- Include NAMI in your DAF succession plan as a charitable successor
- Tell your advisor about NAMI and why you believe in our work
- Connect NAMI staff with your advisor and/or the DAF’s program officer
For questions about making a DAF gift to NAMI, email [email protected] or call 703-516-7970