NAMI Elects New Board of Directors at Annual Convention in New Orleans
Jul 05 2018
[Arlington, VA] — NAMI is pleased to announce its new incoming board of directors. Election of officers and new board members occurred in New Orleans at NAMI’s annual convention, which was held June 27 – 30th. Board members are elected for three-year terms and may serve two consecutive terms.
The board of directors has elected Adrienne Kennedy, M.A., of Texas, as board president of the national organization. Prior to devoting herself as an active volunteer with NAMI Austin, Adrienne was a research associate and doctoral candidate at The University of Texas at Austin, College of Education.
The board of directors is as follows:
- Adrienne Kennedy, M.A., President
- Lacey Berumen, Ph.D., LAC, MNM, ADS, First Vice President
- Shirley J. Holloway, Ph.D., Second Vice President
- Barbara Ricci, Treasurer
- Dave Stafford, M.S., Secretary
- Judge Joyce Campbell
- Vanessa Fernandes
- Captain Stacey L. Owens
Incumbent members elected to second terms:
- Steve Pitman, J.D.
- Dave Stafford, M.S.
Continuing board members:
- Charma D. Dudley, Ph.D., FPPR
- Jim Hayes, M.D.
- Carlos Larrauri, R.N., B.S.N.
- Amanda Lipp
- Jacqueline Martinez, C.P.S.
- Micah Pearson
- Catherine "Carrie" Roach