NAMI is pleased to announce the ten candidates for the 2023-2024 NAMI Board of Directors! Five candidates will be elected to serve for the standard three-year term.
All nominees are NAMI members and members of the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization making the nomination. Nominations were made by NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations in good standing - those organizations that have submitted their memberships and paid dues by the membership deadline 70 days prior to NAMI's Annual Meeting.
In addition to their statements of candidacy and their NAMI affiliations and other Board service, each candidate profile includes the letter of nomination from the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization recommending the candidate for service to the NAMI Board and a summary of statements the nominator provided in support of their candidacy, along with a 5-minute recorded speech from the candidate.
The candidates are listed in the order that the written nomination was received by NAMI:
- Frank Mumford, nominated by NAMI Southwest Michigan
- Victoria Harris MD, MPH, nominated by NAMI Washington
- Jacob Englund, nominated by NAMI Minnesota
- Ann C. Canastra, MS, NCC, LMHC, ACS, LMSW, LPC, nominated by NAMI Syracuse (NY)
- Devika Bhushan, MD, nominated by NAMI California
- Dhanu Sannesy, nominated by NAMI Orange County, NY
- Alyson Phelan, MA, TRCC, nominated by NAMI Lake County, OH
- Dr. Laklieshia Izzard Ed.D, LPC, NCC, ACS, nominated by NAMI Georgia
- Joe Rose, nominated by NAMI Alameda County South (CA)
- Mavis A. Creagh, nominated by NAMI Mississippi
Live Candidate Speeches
Live candidate speeches will take place at NAMICon 2023 on Friday, May 26 at 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions about the 2023 NAMI voting and elections process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org