Scientific Research Award
We are pleased to announce the selection of Melvin G. McInnis, M.D. FRCPsych(UK) and Sue O’Shea, Ph.D. as our 2018 NAMI Scientific Research Award honorees in recognition of their significant achievements and contributions to a better understanding of mood disorders.
The NAMI Scientific Research Award, supported by the Peter Corbin Kohn Endowment, recognizes the work and research of individuals creating a difference and moving our scientific understanding and treatment of mental illnesses forward.
Research is an important component of NAMI's mission to build better lives for the nearly 60 million Americans affected by mental health conditions. Each year since 2005, NAMI has honored leaders in scientific research that exemplify our theme of “Inspiring Hope Through Research.”
NAMI's Dedication to Research from the 2016 Scientific Research Award event.
- 2018: Melvin G. McInnis, M.D. FRCPsych(UK) and Sue O’Shea, Ph.D.
- 2017: Sophia Vinogradov, M.D.
- 2016: Michael C. Carroll, Ph.D, Steven A. McCarroll, Ph.D., and Beth Stevens, Ph.D.
- 2015: Marsha M. Linehan, Ph.D., ABPP
- 2014: Lisa Dixon, M.D., M.P.H
- 2013: Patrick D. McGorry, A.O., M.D., Ph.D., FRCP, FRANZCP
- 2012: Nancy C. Andreasen, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2011: Jeffrey A. Lieberman, M.D.
- 2010: Robert M. Post, M.D.
- 2009: Dr. William Carpenter
- 2008: Dr. Judith L. Rapoport
- 2007: Dr. A. John Rush
- 2006: Dr. Charles Bowden
- 2005: Dr. Daniel Weinberger
See our 2018 Event Sponsors